War

As the sun shifted into the darkness, the moon illuminated the dark night sky. The only source of light leading these brave soldiers to safety. Poor civilians of this war-ridden country tried to close their eyes and get to sleep to the melody of constant gunshots and bombs. It was a tuff time for everyone in this country once known as a place for peace and relaxation. A convoy of tanks were heading for the capital.

The news got around as if it was being shot through a megaphone. People scattered from the city, the streets were like a ghost town, and the subways like vegas. The soldiers with their red, white, and blue flags slowly arrived. Gunshots echoed throughout the city as the Ukrainian soldiers fired back. It wasn't over yet Putin didn't look like he was gonna retreat you could hear a loud thump every time a soldier's boy would hit the cold hard ground. With the airports being controlled by the Russians no one could get out.

Ukraine was forced to surrender its land to Russia, with the city of Kyiv being a place with millions of people, it has now turned into a ghost town. The war was not over. There were still massive plans from Putin and Russia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!