Echos In The Distance

The chilly weather plunges onto me as I drift through the snowy landscape. You can physically appetite drops of snow going through your mouth as each drop deep-freezes you little by little, leisurely. Echos diverge in the distances of unspecified forests that are to be discovered by unknown people, mist starts coming towards you it’s so close you can get a whiff of it. Crystals start constructing on trees as they tingle into your ears like a bell ringing. You're anguished and eager to leave this deserted place, but when you see slaughtered bodies scattered around you, you realize there’s no hope for existence. Instead, you die. Every human that’s come here hasn't survived, well at least for a while!

I ran, I heard a voice say ‘For a while!’ thunderously. I sprinted to the old grubby Barnhouse with my mate Kai on my side, my ears felt half death from all of this venture. There were substantial amounts of rain and fog collapsing upon us. It was so dense we were basically blind in the forest. Then in a split second, I hear a gunshot, then I turn to my friend Kai who had already plunged into the ground to his fate. But his last few words were surprising and desperate g-go now Paul. I couldn’t just sprint away, but I could hear the screeching of the echo ‘You will be next to die soon, child.' I cried I whined, I sobbed while I shouted at Kai to stand up…




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!