Saving The Village

In a small town far, far away, a teenage girl named Eva set out on a big quest. She had to take the long journey to the kingdom of wishes, where the King of the kingdom can grant you a wish to his approval. Eva wanted to ask the King to make her wish to save her village come true. She wished to see her village wealthy (as it was suffering from scarce food and resources).

Eva got her things packed and hired a little red rowboat to get her to the kingdom. She pushed and pulled the oars back and forth for what felt like an eternity, and after a couple of days of hard work and tiredness, Eva was near the kingdom, as she could see a great castle in the distance of the misty fog.

Suddenly, a large, blue foamy wave crashed over brave Eva’s boat, tipping it over and plunging her deep underwater. She sunk slowly, struggling to swim back up but she thrusted her arms up and down until she started swimming upwards, and she made it to the surface at the very last second of her breath. Breathing heavily, she used all the strength she had left to push her little rowboat back to normal. With her clothes now wet and heavy, Eva got back in the boat and began rowing again towards the misty kingdom.
Eva rowed and rowed until the kingdom became clear before her. She felt as if her heart was thumping out of her chest. She gasped for air, not believing she made it all this way. She looked up at the majestic castle. The walls were white as snow and great, big, royal blue turrets sat atop, peering over at the wonderful garden. In the garden, trees of cherry blossoms surrounded the castle, as well as colourful bushes and plants. In front of Eva was a large, golden gate. She rang the bell that hung on a string beside it, and it heaved upwards.

Drenched in water and exhausted, she went inside to find the King. In the castle, he was sitting on his blue and red luxurious throne. Eva went up to him and pleaded for him to bless her village with delicious food and riches. She begged and begged him until he finally approved. He cast his magic staff and sparks of colour flew out. With tears of joy and pride in her heart, Eva thanked the King. The powerful King realised how brave Eva was and how kind she was to do this for her village, so he cast one more wish on her- to teleport her back home. In a flash, his magic staff hit the marble floor and suddenly Eva was standing in the middle of her village. Everyone was eating delicious pork and holding golden coins and shiny jewels in their hands. They all thanked her and cheered her name. Eva was a hero!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!