The Fishing Trip

Dear grandpa and grandma

I started 2 days before the fishing trip. I packed my clothes, fishing rod, bait and big bucket for everyone to put their fish. When I reached at the bus station, there was 3 buses instead of 1 like last year! With that, there was 50 people in each bus! There was also a little store that sold fishing items before we went to Dream Bay.

After we reached Dream Bay, we started fishing. I saw Jack using a different method. He had a net and a fishing rod. Each time a fish caught the rod, Jack used the net to grab the fish out of the water. I wanted to try that method so I asked Dan(the caretaker) to give me a net. After I got the net, I tried the method and I got the biggest fish out of everyone!

After fishing, we got 300 fish altogether! Last year, we had only 100 fish combined and only had 10-15 breeds. This time, we got 25-30 breeds of fish altogether! The most fish breed we got cod. Last year we got the most salmon.

After we put all of the fish in my bucket, we went on a small cruise to see dolphins. The dolphins were trying to catch up with the cruise. One dolphin that stayed underwater the longest almost got me wet using its blow hole!

After we got in our cabin, we had to cook our own fish. I used my cod(the big fish I caught) to eat. We started with marination then we fried on each side. My cod was so big that it made almost everyone full!

There you go. My fun, exciting and amazing trip. It so fun that Dan decided to increase the days for next year!

By: Bob

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!