New School

“No! I don’t want to go to school Mummy!” Today was my first day at a new school and I was desperate to not go. I was so worried I didn’t get a wink of sleep last night. I could already tell it was going to be a tough day. I clung onto my mum’s dress like a koala hugging a tree as I continued to beg. “I’ll do anything! Just please don’t make me go!”
However, to no avail, Mum pushed me away. The school gates loomed over me as I reluctantly walked onto the school grounds. I tried to find an empty seat in the assembly hall, but I couldn’t help but feel the stares of other students pierce through me. Luckily, the principal started making announcements.
“…I will now introduce the new students.”
I nibbled my nails and clenched onto my dress. I was nervous and wished I was by myself. “Next, we have…”
My heart was beating as fast as a race car. Was I next? What if I tripped as I stood up? I prayed that they would forget to call me. Then, I heard the speaker shout my name. I froze. I couldn’t say a thing. Silence.
“Boo!”
A scream slipped out of my mouth. Laughter erupted in the hall. Even the plants were giggling at me. My head burst like a balloon. But at that moment, I didn’t know there was a student who felt bad for me. Her name was Hannah.
During lunch, everyone still seemed to be laughing at me. Now I was burning on fire. I decided to eat alone until someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Hannah! She introduced herself and I nervously followed. We started talking and soon a conversation blossomed. Since that day, we have been the best of friends. We even started a new friendship club. Students who did not have friends were free to join our group. When we saw someone bullying another student, we would bravely fight them back. Our bodies would become furious and steam like a kettle, as we tried to help the scared student.
A few weeks later, on a stormy day, students were trapped in the classrooms like prisoners. It was like someone evil had cursed the school. I realised some students were sitting alone as all their friends were in a different class. I suggested playing a team game, so everyone felt included. Whilst we were playing, the rain had stopped, and the sun was as bright as a lightning bolt. Everyone, except for a lonely boy, cheered. The boy’s cheeks were bright pink. I realised it was one of the school bullies. No wonder he was alone. However, watching him sit alone made me drenched with guilt. I went up to him and warned him that he shouldn’t bully others anymore. That afternoon, the boy who was once a bully became my new friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!