Eclipse's New Pet

On the night of a full moon, waves hit the side of the buildings closest to the city's beach wall hard! The city starts filling up with the polluted sea water! This is the night before Eclipse, an eight year old girl from Hawaii will meet her new pet and friend.
The very next morning, the city experienced a full tsunami, the biggest in history. Every house was flooded, and most of the people from the city had to move out the night before. The voices of people remaining were screaming and crying. While Eclipse was being washed up in the oily water. Her vision blurred, and the only thing she could feel was shattered glass and rusted poles brushing against her body. Salt water was the only thing she could feel as she was flipped upside down from the strong water and was being pushed left and right. Soon enough her eyes closed, the stinging sensation of her ripped flesh was fading away. Something furry crashed into her body and pulled her.
A bright, warm light cast over her head, her eyes slowly opened, but she still had blurry vision, lips moved, and air entered her lungs abruptly. Eclipse felt rocks under her body. She slowly realized something had saved her during the experience...but what? What saved her from the violent waves? She painfully got up, wondering who or what had saved her, but all she saw was a large shadowy black figure, that was a few meters away from her. Eclipse knew that she needed to get more rest, but she could not just stay here without thanking them. With all her might, she moved slowly, just to find herself too dizzy and suddenly fainting as the figure ran away...
Around the evening, Eclipse thought she was going to die. Her body felt very weak, and her eyelids were heavy, her mouth was dry, and the only thing she could feel was her stinging body and rocks along the floor that she was laying on. She didn't even know if anybody she knew was even alive. At least she could move her head. As she did, she found herself face to face with the black figure again...
Only, this time she saw it clearly! The black figure that saved her during the tsunami, was a very large, black and white husky. Eclipse struggled and got up, hoping that she had enough energy to walk. She started walking with the help of the husky and began looking around to find the owner of this dog. She saw nothing...not a living thing apart from her and the husky. The only other thing she could think of was to adopt the husky. She named the husky, "Wolfie." And so, Wolfie and Eclipse became fast, best friends. This is the night where two friends went to look for survivors and the rest of civilization.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!