The Fires

The Fires



Calm, peaceful, wonderful, Australia was a lovely, calm place with hundreds of unique animals, living harmoniously with the people in the bush, where lots of gorgeous plants and lush green trees thrived. Everyone was happy to call Australia home.

But one day everything changed when the bushfires came. The sky turned an eerie dark red and I could hear a loud screeching siren from far away. Mum and I felt anxious and worried. I ran as fast as a cheetah to see what was happening. Then I stopped, I froze and burst into tears.

The bush went into chaos! Cockatoos screeched as they flew away in panic and kangaroos bolted through the forest to escape the monstrous flames. Koalas climb quickly to the tree tops to protect their joeys and risk their own lives to be protected. Fire spread from tree to tree like the flu and consumed it like a monster destroying anything in its path, leaving a trail of destruction and devastation behind.

People screamed in fear and panic as they tried to evacuate safely from the bushfires. Families watched in horror as their homes were engulfed in flames leaving nothing but rubble and burnt memories. Thousands of brave firefighters tried to protect everyone and risked their own lives to save others from the raging flames. Everyone fled to beaches and evacuation centres while waiting to be rescued safely.

Finally the bushfires are over but they still lurk in the shadows waiting to return.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!