The Unanswered Question

It was the 50’s, and it was war. Mum and I were safe but dad was at war.
“Mum, I'm scared.”
“Why?”
“Dad might die.”
“He will be fine.”
“I hope so. We heard gunshots mum!”
Ten years later…
“We are here today to remember Alice Jane who died from a gunshot in the 50’s. Here we remember that war will come but our loved ones are still next to us. Now the daughter, Elizabeth would like to say some words.”
“I loved my mum, but I was only ten. But I felt something when my sister was with me, but dad said be strong girls.” But…
“WATCH OUT!!!! Guns!” (people die) no!!!
“Sis duck!”
“What? Oh ahhhh! Not on my watch. FOR MUM!!” (Abs on the ground)
“Oh Elizabeth, (sniff) you saved me.”
“I did it for Mum sis, for mum.”
***
“Mum is that you??”
“Yes, Tiggy it's me”
“Oh.”
Beep, beep. “Elizabeth! Wake up!”
“What?” said confused, “you're alive! Thank God huh?”
“A portal? What in the world!” voices say.
“Umm hello? I'm Daisy. What is your name?”
They spoke, “I’m Casey and these are my friends that came along with me hehe.”
“Ok, hi Casey. Daisy how is that?” I said.
“Oh, this is my sister Elizabeth you can come to meet her Casey.”
Elizabeth met Stacey! “Hello.” I said unconsciously.
As the night went on the world was destroyed…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!