Good Old Days

I walk into the house and get hit with the smell of food. My aunt runs up to me and hugs me, her perfume smelled so good.

She smells like my favourite daises and roses, oh how I missed her sweet smell. Suddenly I heard something, and it was the sound of bells. I run to the other room with the girls as I slipped and fell.

Oh, how pretty the other girls looked. Hands filled with beautiful, detailed henna, anyone would be hooked.

The parents’ dresses were absolutely mesmerising. I Wish my dress looked that stunning.

I taste the food for the first time today. I say a small chant in my head excitedly 'hooray'. The biryanis flavours and amazing spices melts on my tongue instantly. I hummed in delight of the amazing taste happily.

The party was over, and the ladies went in for a hug with me. The first ladies dress had beads, so I let her be. The second lady has smooth silky fabric which was a nice material, I can guarantee.

Slowly many Years pass by as I look at my parents lying down. Seeing them in their grave, I frown. I burst into tears and cry. Why me, why?

My cousins hold me in their arms. But it didn’t help me to be calm
I cry more and think of the fun old days. 'goodbye' I shortly say.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!