Magic

There have always been places in our world or another where magic can be found. That place could have inhumane characters or a scene that has wonderful colours that surround the world with a soothing sound that calms everyone. I always imagined that magic would find me one day and I would be whisked away into another world with a purple sky and limitless opportunities. A world only I could see and a world from my imagination. In some cases, it can be in a wand or a fairy that brings magic to your life and other times it can be as simple as good luck. Most people assume that magic hides in the most obvious of places but what if I told you that it might not. What if I told you magic doesn’t hide with everyone but seeks those that are worthy of its power? You know that saying that magic is within us. Well, that is not real magic. Real magic is the kind of magic that can change the world in the blink of an eye. Real magic is something that will affect somebody’s life and change them. Real magic can even cause danger. Some might not realise how close magic is to us. It could be waiting at our door slowly ready to knock. Some might not believe in magic because you can not physically see it. The world is a confusing place and it only takes one thing to break or make the world we live in. Whether it be magic or not, human or plant, witch or wizard, something is always going to break the world and something is always going to make the world a better place. Through the darkest of times, a hero is found to beat the villain and save the day. Magic will one day change our world.

People have always been scared of magic. Magic used to be part of every world and every life. It used to flow through the streets like a ribbon of limitless hope. It used to be normal to see a fairy flying down the street or a boy flying through the clouds. The worlds used to be shared between those with magic and those without. Normal people and magical elements joined in alms to help keep the world safe and bring joy and hope to everyone. The world was a magical place filled with happiness and joy but now it’s not. The only thing wrong with all that joy that magic brought was those who hated happiness because of personal loss and hatred. We tend to appreciate things that are visible more than those that are not. Some believe and some do not. Some seek and some hide. Magic is all around us waiting for a miracle moment.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!