Uncharted

“Ouch,” Gabi screeched loudly, “I stepped on a sharp, pointy thorn.” Gabi and John started their quest to find the golden apple tree in the Forbidden Fruit Forest.

John and Gabi were not prepared for what would happen. Gabi was worried, her legs were uncontrollably shaking, her teeth were chattering and the hair on arms were standing up. They were heedlessly walking along the secluded path but then suddenly stopped. The path divided into two. Each track had its own sign written in ancient symbols, though neither of them could read what it said. They did not know which way was the quickest so they had to go with their instincts.

“John do you see what’s on the ground?”
“Yes, are you think what I’m thinking?
“DRAGON,” they said in unison. They followed the footprints for three kilometers until they found a placid and glassy lake with woody trees surrounding it.
“I cannot believe we found the golden apple tree!” exclaimed John.
“Look there is a boat, let’s row to the center of the lake,” said Gabi. John and Gabi hopped into the boat. After a few strokes they felt the boat wobbling. John started to feel unsettled. The lake was peaceful, almost too peaceful. In time they reached the middle of the lake.

Legend has it that the apples that fall off this tree contain real gold. John and Gabi gently picked a handful of apples before the dragon approached. ‘Boom’ a big puff of smoke hovered in the air.
“What’s that?” John said.
“IT’S THE DRAGON” Gabi yelled.
“Quickly! Row the boat back to the island.” John said.

“What do we do John?” Gabi cried.
Then the dragon saw a cute young white bunny.
“Now’s our chance,” they darted to the boat.
“Aww, I dropped the golden apples,” Gabi said while rushing back to the boat. John and Gabi quickly leaped in the boat and rowed the boat back in peace.
“What about the golden apples?” said Gabi.
“We have to go back” said John. John had a strategy. Gabi and John rowed the boat all around the lake to get behind the island were the apple tree was.
“What happens if there is another problem?” Gabi mumbled.
“I promise there won’t be a problem,” John announced.
Gabi and John rowed back to the island and quickly picked up the golden apples from the ground. John and Gabi rushed around the island to quickly pick up the golden apples. John peered around the island and not even anything, John peered once more “Hide” John yelled, “I can hear the dragon”
Gabi was terrified and her legs were shaking.
“Shh” John said, they didn’t know what to do?

Gabi tripped over a dark-brown log and the dragon immediately look at Gabi with a furious face. Gabi and John hopped in the boat rowing the boat back as quick as they could but, before they made it to the others side there was a sharp claw dragging them back…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!