Sam's Worst Nightmare

Sam was late for dinner. It wasn’t his fault. His school had kept him late again. He sprinted down the street, knocking a little old lady and causing her to drop her bag of groceries. All her apples rolled onto the street.
“Sorry!” he shouted over his shoulder, but kept on running.
“Come back here and help, you little scumbag!” the little old lady shrieked. But he kept on running.
The old lady pulled out a magic wand and zapped Sam, saying “I curse you so that your greatest wish shall become your worst nightmare.”
“Oww,” Sam cried softly, as he fell to the floor and fainted.

When Sam woke up, he was on a bus with 99 other people.
“Last stop, everyone off the bus!” yelled the driver. Sam looked around. “What’s happening? Where am I?” he asked. But no one answered him. They were all jumping out of the bus underneath a hot air balloon. Sam ran and hid below a seat and closed his eyes. Maybe he was really asleep, and this was all a nightmare. But the bus driver found him and threw him out the door.
“Aaagh,” he screamed as he plummeted to the ground. He kept doing flips in the air. The ground was closing in on him, he was going to fall to his death. Sam panicked. He desperately tried to reach his parachute but he couldn’t quite reach the cord. Just when he knew he was going to die, the parachute automatically opened by itself. Sam was saved.

Sam landed on the top of a house. He realised he had an axe in his hand. He jumped off the roof and opened the door of the house. Maybe Sam could find guns inside. Racing inside, he searched every room, finding nothing until he entered the very last room, the bathroom. There was a chest hiding inside the bath. Pulling out his pickaxe, Sam tried swinging at the lock to break it open. It opened and Sam pulled out a shotgun.

He raced outside, straight into the storm! It started electrocuting him. He was getting weaker and weaker. With the last of his strength, he jumped into a buggy and floored the accelerator. Sam zoomed forward. Driving like crazy, he spotted a ramp and headed straight for it. He felt a sudden surge of excitement. It was his only hope. Sam went flying through the air, out of the storm. The buggy dropped to the ground and Sam jumped off. Luckily, there was a river below and he landed safely but he was soaked.

A sniper aimed towards Sam and the person controlling fired a bullet, Sam built a wall just in time so the bullet didn’t hit him. Sam ran towards the person and shot them, the person fell to the ground and pixeled away. Sam found that he was one of the final two. He found the person but as he was aiming towards them, the person shot and eliminated Sam.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!