Jack, The Friendly Ghost

Far away in an old haunted house there was a friendly ghost named Jack. He was very happy in his home because it was just him and he liked it that way. However, one day everything changed for Jack because some nasty humans came along…
The humans had arrived and just entered his house without knocking! He felt very terrified because his mother had told him when he was a young boy, that humans would move things that weren’t theirs and put them wherever they pleased. The humans had not done that so Jack thought he would just go for a nap. After his nap, his bed was in a completely different room! These humans had touched all his things! He thought to himself and remembered that the humans cannot see ghosts, so he let it slide. The day had turned to night and Jack thought he would go to bed. He was trying to go to sleep when out of nowhere… BANG! Jack jumped out of bed like a jack in a box! He was as frightened as a fly! He couldn’t do anything but go to see what happened. He sneakily and slowly snuck down the stairs. He reached the bottom of the stairs. What he saw terrified him. It was…
The…the…GHOST HUNTERS! They were carrying their big ghost catching guns that seemed to fill the room… They wore their mega hearing headphones to hear ghost noises! Jack rushed to hide from the ghost hunters! He remembered what his mother had told him when he was a young ghost. She said, “if you ever see a human with a big patch on their clothes that has a symbol of a poor ghost getting sucked into a gun, hide immediately. They will catch you like a cat catching a mouse and put you in a small container.” That was exactly what was on their jacket! He knew the ghost hunters would find him if he did not hide right away! After trying to hide from the ghost hunters Jack suddenly thought of the perfect place to hide!
“Aha! Yes! The ghost hunters cannot find me if I’m hiding outside”, whispered Jack. He rushed down the stairs and out the front door and hid! After two hours the ghost hunters gave up and left. Jack was dancing with joy! After the ghost hunters left the humans thought it would be a good idea to leave too.
The humans packed all their belongings and rushed out the door. Jack waited a few minutes just to be sure that the humans would not come back. After seeing their car leave, he knew the horrible nightmare was over. Jack made sure that the humans had left. Then he… jumped with joy! The humans would never come back again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!