Sad Emily

Emily was very sad because she missed her dad. He was at war. Emily found a toy that her dad gave her before he went to war. Her dad told her to treasure it forever. Emily wanted to call her dad, so she went upstairs to her mum. Emily asked, ‘can we call dad?’.
But her mum ignored her, mum really didn’t want dad to leave, and their family got separated.
Emily went downstairs and suddenly, she found her new toy talking to the other toys. Her new toy turned around; Emily thought the toy was going to abandon her.
Her new toy said, ‘I will grant you one wish’
Emily asked ‘can my dad come back from the war please?’.
‘Your wish is granted’ said her new toy.
The next day she was waiting for her dad to come back. She knew that the toy had tricked her.
Emily went to her bedroom, but she couldn’t find her toy. The toy had escaped!
‘Why did my dad give me the toy?’ she asked her mum.
Emily told her mother all about her new toy, and to when the toy escaped.
Her mum was so shocked ‘it was probably just a dream’ she stated.
There was one thing her mum was confused about; it was that dad got a toy for Emily so she would not get sad.
Emily’s mum said, ‘let me find that toy for you’.
Meanwhile, Emily’s new toy was at someone else’s house!
Her name was Rosemary, she hated the toy and named it… snuffles!
The first day of the school year began, luckily Rosemary went to Emily’s school. Rosemary brought snuffles to school because she wanted to sell snuffles. When Emily found out about her toy she rushed to where Rosemary was selling snuffles. Luckily snuffles weren’t sold yet. Emily ran back home to get her purse. Emily went back to school and found someone else playing with Snuffles.
Emily stated to the girl, ‘that is my toy’.
The girl replied and said, ‘no, Snuffle’s is my toy.’
Emily explained the whole story about everything. The girl introduced herself to Emil.
‘My name is Elizabeth,’
‘Nice to meet you. Now can I please have my toy back?’ asked Emily
‘Snuffles’ Elizabeth corrected.
Emily was so shocked that someone corrected her, Emily didn’t like it when people did that.
Suddenly the bell rang for class, Emily stole snuffles from Elizabeth on the way to Maths class.
Rosemary exclaimed, ‘No, that is Elizabeth’s snuffles’
Rosemary pulled out her Snuffles. Emily was so confused, but when Rosemary told Emily that snuffles was Elizabeth’s toy. There were two Snuffles!
One of them was alive and one was not.
Emily looked at the toy she stole from Elizabeth, and asked, ‘Did you make my wish come true?’
Sadly the toy did not reply.
Elizabeth and Emily were both relieved that there were two snuffles at school. Emily was so excited she hugged Rosemary they became great friends.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!