Heat Wave

I felt the burning sun pelting down on my body as my parents explained to me what a heatwave was. I was trembling with fatigue as the pool of water evaporated before my eyes. I was horrified. I couldn't handle it any longer.

I snatched my phone from my pocket and urgently rang the fire brigade. They didn't answer. I was scared, lonely and overwhelmed. I called everyone I could think of without success. I realised in horror that the heat had burnt the remote calling system. Could I make a new one?

I had accomplished some great achievements in the science laboratory! I had to think of a cool route to get to safety. I decided on the river path. It would take days but I knew I could do it. I pushed on with determination but ran out of rations by day three. In desperation, I sourced food and water from nature. Berries,nuts, and herbs were my staples to survive.

Finally arriving at the scrap heap by the river, I searched frantically for a fan, a power cord, a cd and a sword. I was ready and got to work. It took 2 long days but I pressed on. As darkness fell, I knew I had done it! I tentatively pressed the buttons on the mobile and it rang! The heatwave ended as quickly as it began. I had saved the world and was a hero! I was even on the evening news.
As I made my way back home, went straight to bed feeling like an exhausted hero. Suddenly I heard screaming down the road! I sprung into action.
“So kids, that's the story of how I saved the world,” exclaimed Doug.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!