Haunted Theme Park

It was the night of Halloween and Jacob, Sam and George were all sitting in Sam’s attic. They were playing truth or dare while they were waiting for it to get dark, so they could go trick or treating.
As soon as it got dark, they set off knocking on every door in the neighbourhood. When their pillowcases were just about full of lollies, they decided to go drop off their bag at Sam’s house and go walking around looking for scary things. They couldn’t find many scary things and they were just about to head back home, then George saw red, orange and blue lights flashing. The lights were probably about 400m away from where the three friends were standing. They decided to walk towards the lights.
Once they got closer to the mysterious place, they read on a broken-down sign, “Ceaser’s Theme Park”. Sam said that he didn’t want to go in because it looked to spooky, but he went in any way because the other two went in. They looked around when they got in and it was completely empty of people. On the left was a roller coaster and on the right was a ticket booth. They walked in further then suddenly the gates crashed shut behind them! They all quickly turned around. “Oh no,” they thought. They kept walking until they found a little shop of souvenirs. They walked inside. Inside they found creepy dolls, magnets, shirts, hats and magazines. George walked up to one of the dolls and pretended to be the doll by using an accent and talking. After a while he stopped talking, the voice stopped. Then the doll started moving and they all screamed. George dropped the doll and they all run.
As they stood outside the souvenir shop, they could hear the doll still talking. Suddenly dolls start running towards them at all directions. They managed to escape but they didn’t realise that there were more coming for them. They ran until they reached the entrance to the roller coaster. They got in one of the roller coaster carts. By then they thought they were safe – for now. When Sam saw another one running towards them, he started to panic, and he started pressing random buttons on the roller coaster, so it goes. There is one button he has not pressed so he presses it. It goes but just as they thought they were escaping they got stuck at the very top of a hill on the roller coaster. Then Sam starts to freak out even more and starts pressing all the buttons all over again. Then more carts start to climb up the steep hill. When the first cart reaches the top it pushes their cart down the hill. As soon as they get off the roller coaster, they sprint out of the theme park. They sprint back home, and they all agree to NEVER go back there ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!