War Is My Enemy

Why is war such a frightful thing?
Why do we have to flee from our cherished loved ones?
Why is there such thing known as war?
Well, inside our hearts we all know that war can be fearsome for all of us. We will go through many harsh and dreadful things, and maybe even be separated from our family. But most of these things are very challenging for us to cope with in life. Maybe I can help, I know a story about a girl known as Suri, who sadly went through war as well.

Suri lived with her parents in a very modest hut as they were unfortunate. But this never bothered Suri. She frequently spent her time with her mum and dad. She had the luckiest life ever.
One Day, everything went straight until her dad received an envelope. Her dad opened it. As he read it tears began rolling out from his eyes. “DAD! are you ok? why are you crying?” Suri panicked. A few hours later, Suri’s parents came sobbing back. Suri became suspicious and began to sob as well, she was desire to read the note.
When Suri’s parents left the house, Suri glanced around her parent’s room to find that note. When Suri found the note, she read it out. “Dear, Mr Tegna, you are involved in the war” . War, Suri thought her life would be remarkable and now it had all turned around. As soon as her parents arrived home, they both raced to the room. “Mum is dad actually leaving for war?” cried poor Suri. Silence crept into the room.
The days went fast, watching Suri’s dad leave the house was the most horrendous thing Suri has seen. She immediately ran to the war ground leaving her mum chasing her from the back. ‘SURI! DON’T! “cried her mum and dad. Suri didn’t care and ran faster than ever. As soon as that, Suri bumped into a Russian soldier which was there enemy. “SURI! GET BACK NOW!” shouted Suri’s parents. But it was too late for any words.
Then, the Russian soldier yelled “who is this girl’s parents!”
“please don’t do anything” exclaimed Suri’s mum.
“We won’t do anything to her, but we will separate you from her” chuckled the cruel Russian soldier, “as you can’t even take care of your own child!”. “NO! PLEASE!!” hollered mum. “CHOP! CHOP!” hollered back the annoying soldier.
Till that day onwards, Suri was living in foster care, but soon got adopted by someone who pretty much remined Suri of her own parents.
So now that I have mentioned all of this, you should probably know that life isn’t perfect, we all go through many challenges and changes, and at one point you may feel like quitting, but that doesn’t stop you from trying. You see, I wrote this story to show you that you must keep trying in life, and there is many ways out of anything, so I hope you keep that in mind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!