Bali Trip

The smell of the plane petrol, the sound of airplanes taking off, the announcements over the PA. Esmay, Sam and Tori were so excited to take their first trip to Bali. As Esmay was boarding the flight she remembered when she took her first trip to America. As soon as they arrived at the Bali Airport, they felt the humidity of the air rush through their bodies. When they had collected their luggage, they rushed to get the last taxi to Seminyak. The tall, golden gates slowly opened to the W hotel (the biggest hotel in Seminyak).

In the morning they took a taxi to The Fat Turtle Café. Esmay ordered a huge stack of velvet pancakes with a scoop of ice cream. After breakfast they walked through the busy streets of Seminyak to Mrs Sippy pool park. Splash! Esmay jumped of the top cliff into the pool. After a couple of hours Tori and Sam slowly packed up and all of them went straight back to the hotel.

The next morning, they were already tired of the busyness and the traffic, so Tori decided to take a trip to Ubud. They travelled on a tuk-tuk to Ubud, they explored all the local markets, villages and paddocks of rice and wheat. Esmay couldn’t believe her eyes! First, they decided to do a cooking class, they set off with a group of people to the local markets to get their supplies. Then they went to the class that was surrounded by rice paddocks and hills. Tori and Sam began cooking the rice dish, Esmay was jumping in joy.

After 2 hours of cooking, they set of to the Saraswati temple. It was huge, they walked through a pathway then into the real temple. It was amazing, all three of them were delighted to be there. They didn’t want to leave Ubud. As soon as they arrived back to their hotel, they ordered room service, Sam did not enjoy having dinner out and being in a busy suburb.

As it came to their final day of being in Bali, Esmay was so desperate to go back to Ubud. On the way to Ubud they stopped off to the Luwak Coffee Plantation Restaurant. First, they saw how coffee was made and how it turned into bean and ground, then they had coffee and breakfast in the air balloon. Then they continued their way to Ubud to go paddocking in the farms and hills. They plucked out wheat and rice of the paddocks and hills. As it came to 2pm they sadly had to go back to their hotel and pack up their luggage. Esmay did not want to leave. As soon as they arrived at the airport again busy traffic in and out. They had then arrived back in Canada feeling a gush of icy cold wind shiver up their body.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!