Earths Ending

Year, 2969, the earth's ending point had come. 27 is the number of people on this planet earth, surviving on cans of rotten tomato soup. The air is like, inhaling the breath of someone that just ate a can of oven-baked beans, and it feels like it shreds your throat into miniature, small-scaled pieces. No one has a clue where in the universe they are, how they got into this muddy situation and how and when they’re all going to breathe their last subtle breath.

As just as the shiny misty sun, shown across the old run-down earth, something didn’t feel right. Zac, the youngest of them all, was the only one that could feel this rushing scene of destruction, but everyone left living on this planet thought he was a freak and not to be trusted, ever. But this very one time everyone sort of thought he was right. Suddenly, a mammoth sized, shooting, flamy meteor burst through the dark planet in front of their tiny white light eye’s. Before they knew it, the dark wrinkly, planet was heading straight for them. “Take cover!!” Cried out Zac. Zac quickly rugby tackled Joise, to cover. He was thinking of being heroeck and saving the other statues, but sadly it was too late, he had to leave them. It was hard, as he jumped back into shelter, a small blue tier slowly ran down his cheek.

“BOOM”, followed by a violent earthquake like shake. Like a bouncy ball, the dark mysterious planet slowly backed away from the drained earth. Zac rushed out followed by Josie, in shock and anger Zac shouted out to the planet, “Why, why did you have to do this to me, why?” Not looking for a response”. “IT’S NOT OUR FAULT!”. In shock Zac frose, someone was there. Suddenly a big green figure turned the corner of the planet, making a dark shadow hover in between Zac and Josie.

The next moment wasn’t Zac’s best. The creature pulled out a weapon at Josie's and pulled the green, rusty trigger. Josie’s white arms suddenly dropped, followed by her thin, plump legs…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!