Wanted For Murder

Claire sat alone on the park bench, drenched in blood. Everyone who passed her looked at her in horror. A sinister grin slipped onto her face, her big green eyes focused on a man, with short, slicked back hair. His blue eyes locked with hers for a minute, and he sped up, pacing down the narrow path. She jumped up quickly and followed him, making sure she wouldn’t be seen. Her eyes narrowed, matching her determination to keep up with him.

He made a quick turn into a dark alley, Claire was hesitant to follow, but she did.
“I knew you were following me!” the man exclaimed. Claire stepped back, ready to bolt if she had to. “I’m going to dial the police!” he shouted just as determined as her.
“Why?” she asked looking down at her shirt, “No I didn’t do anything...” She let her voice trail off. Suddenly the man grasped his phone, ready to dial 000 at any moment.
“Please don’t” There was a begging tone in her voice.
He stared at her for a moment, he finally broke the silence saying,
“Did you- Did you kill someone?” Claire looked sad and terrified all at the same time,
“No, I didn’t.” The man looked surprised
“Then how do you explain the blood?”
“I- Someone broke into my house and…” She let her words hang in the air.
“And what?” The man asked, desperate to know.
“They broke into my house and murdered my umm...” She continued, “Well I was in a state of shock I barely remember anything, I blacked out here and there, I don’t know.” She shook her head in frustration.

“000 what’s your emergency?” Claire was startled by the sound and scrambled to get out.
“There’s a woman who was following me, and she is here now, she has blood on her shirt too, she claims someone broke into her house,” the man said before Claire could reach him. “Where are you, we will come get you now.” the woman on the other line said.
“54th Avenue” The man said.
“What’s you name sir?” Policewoman asked.
“Liam, Liam Brown” The man said. Claire scurried off quickly heading towards her house. She skidded to a stop when she made it to the house. Awful memories came flooding back to her brain as she walked in. Blood stained the white walls and there was an awful smell coming from upstairs. Claire hurried up the stairs, blocking her nose from the disgusting smell. She slid through the hall and stopped in front of one of the bedrooms. The police had arrived with handcuffs and all. She opened the door and there was the dead body, with a knife stuck in its back. The police were already in the hall ready to take her.

Claire didn’t move as they cuffed her and shoved her in the car. She watched as the house slowly disappeared.
“But it wasn’t me” She whispered to herself.
“Be quiet!” A policeman said viciously.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!