Terrifying House

At the end of the dirt track, there was an ancient house that had cracks on all the walls and all the paint was washed off. There were no beautiful birds singing, or green trees, they were all dead, and there were no flowers. As I walked further towards the house it got scarier and less clear to see. When I got to the house, I opened the old handle, it was creaking loudly.

As soon as I walked into the haunted house, I could see nothing but an old rusty staircase with a weird-looking person, all dressed in black, then he started coming down the stairs very quickly. I was really scared but the closer he got to the end of the stairs he started to disappear. I then walked deeper into the haunted house, but I felt like there was someone watching me the whole time, I had no idea what was going on or what had happened to the mysterious man in black.

I was also worried about him giving me a big scare just like coming up behind me and scaring me. I started to feel more worried as the time went on, then I felt sick about being in the haunted house. I saw big white eyes in the corner, I tried to call my friends but there was no signal, I heard a yell that came from upstairs. I then walked up the stairs and the yell got louder. As I walked closer to the noise it got extremely loud, it could either be a person locked in the room or that weird man trying to hurt me. I opened one door at a time, but it was freaking me out, what if there was a person kidnapped in there. I had been opening and closing so many doors that I was about to give up, but it was the last door anyway, it was too dark, and I couldn’t see in the room, so I left it, I then had seen a big shadow, I got scared and hid in the room. I then heard footsteps outside the door and saw the shadow, after about 10 seconds it went away.

It got quieter, so I decided to go out the room, as I was leaving the room I felt a tap on my back, I turned around and it was a small girl, she said to me ‘please help me and get me out of here’ she had handcuffs on her hands, I was scared by what she had said. I wanted to get out of there, when I was about to leave the quiet girl got up and whispered in my ear ‘if you go out there, he will get you’ I was terrified, all I wanted was to get out of there and I didn’t really care about the girl, so I just sprinted and ran home. All I could think of is what would have happened if I stayed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!