The First Case

This is a story about a case where a priceless artefact has been stolen. Will our hero capture the thief or will he fail?

This is an adventure of a twenty four year old man named Christopher Wilson who lives in London. He wears a dark green cloak, a blue silky shirt and a notebook that he carries around. Ever since he was little he loved hiding in places but hates tight spaces.

It was 18th century London and Christopher was on his way to the investigators office to sign up. It was a time where lots of crime was afoot. Stepping into the office he met his manager, “Christopher Wilson you're late on your first case!” he shouted.

“What's the case?” Chris asked. “The Mona Lisa has been stolen!” screamed the manager. “Where was the robbery?” replied Chris, “In the art gallery on Staple Street.” Stepping through the doors Christopher made his way to the gallery.

When he got there the window was shattered and the police were at the crime scene ”So you didn't see anything Mr Williams?” asked one of the police officers.

“As the owner of this gallery I would never in my life steal a famous painting!” shouted Mr Williams. As the police were arguing at Mr Williams Chris found a clue in the shattered window. It was a mysterious note that said to meet at the custard factory.

“The thief must be at the custard factory with his gang,” muttered Christipher, “I should ask the police to go to the custard factory.” But the police were still jabbering at Mr Williams so Christipher just took the case.

Making his way to the custard factory he bumped into a person running with the Mona Lisa in his hands. “Out of my way copper!” shouted the crook. Sprinting in the direction of the custard factory Christopher went after him.

“Stop…police….detective?” shouted Christopher awkwardly.

Arriving at the custard factory the crook sprinted through the door. Stepping through the door Christopher heard a man shout “NOW!”. Suddenly a giant cage fell on Christopher. Slam! went the cage on him. How was he going to get out of that cage? Standing in front of him the entire gang emerged from the darkness.


“HA HA HA,” shouted one of the crooks, “You'll never get out of that cage!” Grasping the painting in his hands one of the other crooks placed a bomb.

“When this bomb detonates in one minute this entire factory will explode!” shouted the crook. As they walked away from the cage Christopher saw a large barrel full of custard falling and landing on the crooks. As the barrel landed on them the key to the cage flung to the floor right next to the cage. Reaching for the key Chris freed himself out of the cage.

“I'm free!” shouted Christopher with the crooks still stuck the police were here and deactivated the bomb and the crooks were arrested.





The End


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!