Scar

“Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask you, how did you get that scar?” Anastasia’s friend London asked. Anastasia has dark almond skin, medium length blackish-brown hair, brown eyes and is about 5 feet tall, 11 years old and has a realistic personality. London has long blonde hair, green eyes, a bubbly personality. Both of them are well educated. Back to the story now: “London, do you really want to know?” “Yes” London replied confidently.
“Here’s how the story goes: I was born on a war field. The moment I was born my parents were killed. My parents were prepared for this. They said that if they died and I couldn’t take care of myself, my auntie, a professional warrior will bring me up and take care of me. You know that story of course. I have been brought up well by my maternal auntie, she brought me up as an educated child who can fight for herself. Yes. She taught me how to fight. Now that I think about it, it’s not the most surprising thing about me.
I have a secret. I’m a vampire. So is everyone in my family. There was a war. A big war. Between vampires and vampires. I know that doesn’t make sense, but humans fight against humans, and everyone thinks its normal. Vampires aren’t that different from humans, except we, like in the fairy tales, hate garlic, aren’t extremely fond of the sun and we live forever. Nothing else is different. Now, although my auntie taught me how to fight, she prohibits me to take part in these battles. No human can see these battles. We vampires have a special ability that lets us hide ourselves from sight at any time we want. Now, I can persuade anyone to do anything. Therefore, I managed to persuade my auntie to let me go and fight.
Now, you remember the days that I can’t talk to you because I’m busy? Those are the days that I go to vampire school. It’s against my will, but I have to go. I’m quite popular at vampire school. I have,” Anastasia paused. “Had a best friend named Mattheo. Mattheo was the kind who was tall, teased me a lot, was my friend regardless of whether I was popular or not, with dark eyes and hair. He also participated in the battle. He was the brother I never had. It was on the battle ground where I got my scar. My own best friend betrayed me. Not that he had a choice. His family tried to guilt trip him into being on their side. He was so sorry. It worked though. He said sorry, had tears in his eyes and tried to kill me.” She had tears in her eyes. “He's still alive, I am, but we don’t talk. I surprisingly forgive him. Our teachers have tried to get us to be friends but…he is too guilty and I’m too sorry. That’s how I got my scar.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!