Bad Day

Once upon a time. I was going on a holiday to Queensland. I was going with my best friend Izzy. I was so excited because I have never gone on a holiday with her. That night we were packing our bags. My heart was racing. The next day I was hopping in the car. When we started driving I vomited! It was the worst day of my life! “AVA! Are you alright?” Mum shouted. Izzy called me and said that she was almost there. I was devastated…
I was so jealous because she got to go and I didn’t. As I went inside, my dad tripped over and he was crying! That was the first time I ever saw him cry. I was so sad for him. His arm did not look good. Mum screamed, “We need to take him to the hospital!” When we were at the hospital he seemed to calm down. I felt so bad for him.
My tummy was rumbling. I said to mum that I am hungry. I saw a vending machine. The biggest packet of chips was inside it. Mum said that I could get something. I ran over like nothing could get me. I just made it back to mum. Dad looked so pale. The doctor called him in fast. I didn’t feel that well when I was looking at dad's arm. ‘YUCK!’ I said in my head. My dad had to have surgery. After that my dad was fine. I called grandma and she was so sad! I cried. That night I was tucked in my bed and I was thinking that tomorrow would be the best day of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!