Jack And Rhino

Meet Jack ”Yeoh.” Meet Jack’s Mum, “Hello.” Meet Jack’s Dad, ”G'day mate.” They’re his parents. He always tries to escape, because he hates his parents. They make him do heaps of chores. He really hates doing chores. His parents are so protective. He hates it. He loves rhinos. He thinks they’re amazing. He has always wanted a pet but his parents would never let him. They say that pets poop everywhere and attack people. Jack always tries to convince his parents to get him a pet, but they always say no. He hates it.

One day he moved to Kookaburra in the middle of the desert. On the way he saw a herd of rhinos. There were about 10 rhinos. His Mum screamed so loud that the windows shattered. The driver had to get out and fix the window. He tried to escape then, but his mum grabbed his arm. The rhinos came back. This time there was about 20 rhinos. They were hummus and grey. They followed him to his house. When he got to his house his parents locked the front door and the back door. When his parents were unpacking he found a window without fly wire on it. So, he opened the window…

He escaped and much to his surprise the rhinos were waiting for him at the front door. He jumped on the big, grey rhino. Off he went to see the unknown. He passed a lot of cacti. So many cacti. He got really thirsty so he looked for water. He found a puddle to drink out of. After a while Jack got really hungry. He looked for food but he couldn’t find any. He told the rhino to stop so he could jump off, to look for food. He found a grapefruit. He didn’t eat all of the grapefruit so he gave the rest of the grapefruit to the rhino.

It was beginning to get dark and the sun was setting. He told the rhino to take him home. On the way home, he heard his parents calling out “Jack, Jack, where are you ?”He was so happy to hear them. He jumped off the rhino and followed their voice. He was very happy to see them. They were worried sick.

He notices that they had a cute, little puppy with them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!