Saving Sundew

Excellence Award in the 'National Treasures 2022' competition

Sundew and I pranced and leaped through the fields.Each blade of grass was sprinkled with tiny glittering dew drops. Sundew leapt off a nearby cliff into the dazzling rush on the waterfall. I saw it over the banks of wind chime river while the sun settles underneath the horizon. The sky turned a soft Myla and the damp fluffy clouds turn the dusty pink. I got a stop at the sparkling stars and settle down to the soft silky grass. My eyes slowly drifted close and the world gently faded away. I woke up to a splash!!! McAllen flaming tangled red hair was dripping with freezing water I’m green eyes hot sun “Sundew”,I bellowed while scrambling up from the damp ground, “Why am I wet!” As I sprinted after send you I look down to spot and exquisite four leaf clover! “See if you can catch me Evelyn.” I ended up chasing Sundew all the way to ever live.EVERLYN! something screeched out trying to reach me.As the voice fades away I realised it was Sundew.Behind the voice I thought I noticed a cackle. Panting as a sprinter through the jungle absent mindedly shove the side plants in my rush are you so clever I found five days ago.That long I have been running.Around my eyes was red. My brain decided to work now.I knew I had no idea what I was doing.Then it hit me. The Ravine!As I stared into the deep abyss I tripped on a pebble.And I fell to my doom.I rolled over to feel crisp water.That was freezing.Great.I retaliated as it sunk into my burning skin.Eventually I settled into the water.I turned my head and noticed a PASSAGE!I scrambled up from the puddle leaping towards the passage.Turns out the passage was smaller then I thought.I squeezed through it barely breathing.When I reached the other side I took a big gasp for air.Inside the cave that I found was a barrel.Filled with umbrellas.Not useful, moving on.And a rack.With nothing but two fake fur coats.I snatched one of them off the hook and raced around looking for a secret passage.I saw a button on the table and pressed it.A hole appeared out of nowhere and I leaped into it.
TO BE CONTINUED…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!