Gary And Spitfire

As the little Gnome known as Gary woke with a smile on his face ready to start his day, he went down to the cave to begin his mine. During his mine, Gary found emeralds and ruby sapphires and diamonds. Every day Gary did the same thing. He got up and mined and after that he ran to bed. But one day that all changed.

One day Gary the Gnome woke up and went to mine but there were no jewels or ores everything was gone. Mr Greg, who was the leader, decided he had to send a gnome out to find their jewels. But who would?
“I will,” said Gary the Little Gnome.
“You really think you can get our jewels and ores back,” askedMr Greg the Leader.
“Yes, just give me a chance,” whimpered Gary the little Gnome.

“Gary! Please be careful,” said Mr Grey in a worried tone.
As Gary travelled on his adventure he came across an area of desolation. There he found a dragon with a broken wing.
“Hey little dragon are you ok?”
“The Demons came and they took everything I had. They took my parents my food supply and destroyed my home I have nothing,” replied Spitfire in a very sad voice.
“Why don’t you come with me Little dragon? I’m on a quest to find the jewel thief.”
“My name is Spitfire. I think it was the demons that stole your jewels, I will come with you and try to find parents.”

Gary and Spitfire went off on their journey together but soon stumbled upon a pit. There were no bridges to cross. Gary jumped with no hesitation, but Spitfire with his broken wing took some convincing.
Spitfire pushed his foot back ready to jump, ran up and jumped flying throw the air. He missed and slipped on the edge but Gary grabbed claw and pulled him up.
The two friends continued their journey.
Eventually they came to big castle, with eerie surrounds.
“What is this place?” wondered Gary the little gnome
“I think this is where my parents and your jewels and ores are,” replied Spitfire.
Hesitantly the pair ran for the castle.
In the castle they found a demon sitting on a throne.
“WHY ARE YOU HERE?” screamed the Demon.
“WHERE’S MY PARENTS!” yelled Spitfire.
“and where my jewels and ores,” whispered Gary.
“GET OUT OF MY CASTLE!!” raged the demon.
Angrily Spitfire charged a humongous fire ball. He jumped in the air and slammed his tail on the ball it smashed into the demon. The demon fell in pain. Spitfire charged up another fire ball and shot it at the demon’s face.
The demon fell to the ground and turned to ashes.
From the darkness came Spitfire’s parents, with Gary’s jewels.
“Thank you so much Spitfire, we love you” said Spitfire’s Mum and Dad.
“I would have never saved you guys my friend Gary didn’t convince me,” replied Spitfire with joy.
They flew off gracefully into the distance.
“That was a thrilling adventure” said Gary to himself as he woke ready for his day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!