War Of Our World

The world is coming undone, its being destroyed from the inside out. Each person giving in to the natural instincts and fighting each other. The individual didn’t get a chance to even have a proper life with anybody. The kids used to ask us after the war what it was like when we were younger. What we used to tell them was life was perfect, that we had the world in our palms. Nowadays, we can’t even tell them what is going on or they will scream until they come to hunt us down. Kids can’t handle the truth, as their mental health can be destroyed at any point in time. Everything in this world was destroyed by the forces created by humankind. Governments turned on each other, preparing nuclear weapons on all different countries. People stopped eating and sleeping all together, others overslept or would overeat and had cardiac arrest from all the food they ate. Eating and sleeping disorders became common from the beginning of 2020. No one could control it by 2022 though, because it was force of habit, that no one cared that people had these disorders. From that, the mental health disorders went out the roof. People left right and center were losing their minds as bullying others, as the stress became real with online work and school. The break ups were real. Teens would scream at each other about who was right, while the adults cried about their partner cheating or leaving with no reason. Depression was the next thing to come. Locking themselves away from the rest of the world where no one could hurt them even more, where no one would destroy what they were trying to fix. After that was when the bosses had no choice but to fire their employees. COVID-19 took a massive tole on most of the people in this world we know. Some lost homes, some lost jobs and some lost family and friends due to the virus. We had mini wars within everywhere, for example, schools had more and more fights, kids lighting fires and some kids almost died fighting others. War between Ukraine and Russia grew within 2022, scaring most people. Killing innocent people when it was unnecessary to even doing. Life as we knew it before 2020, was gone. It was destroyed in the years that followed. The years that destroyed us all. So when our kids ask us what it was like when we were young now, what would we say? How would we respond to that? Our childhood was destroyed by a pandemic and a war we can’t fix. What would you tell your kids? The truth or a lie that could break them just as much.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!