The Flood

Leeches suck on my legs in knee deep water. My dad shouts for me to hurry up. I wade through the water to our car. I count how many houses are destroyed. I get to 100 then CRASH! I suddenly go underwater and I immediately search for my dad. I can not see him anywhere I hold onto what seems like a log. Then SNAP! I get bitten by a crocodile and pain shoots through my arm. When all hope is lost. I get pulled up by the SES and I am saved…For now.
I woke up in a hard hospital bed with no left arm. I then hear footsteps. Could that be my dad? My heart jumps with excitement but then all I see is a smart looking woman she then says.
“Are you violet?”
I stutter and say, “Yes I am Violet, who are you?”
She says in a smart voice “I am Mrs Hunnign and I am here to take you to my orphanage so come along!”
I do not move confused and say that my dad is still alive but she just laughs and says very stubbornly he is dead and drags me along.
I sit in a broken down car looking at the rundown orphanage. It looks like it came out of the 19’s or something! The sign was all rundown and it looked dirty as a pigsty! I enter the gloomy orghange and find my room Mrs Hunnign enters and all of the girls stand up and say in unison
“Hello Mrs Hunngin”
“Dinner in five girls” Replies Mrs Hunnigin
We ate our disgusting dinner and went to bed the next morning. We woke up to screams from the office one of the girls are having her hair chopped off as a punishment for sneaking out. She returns to our dorm with a horrible pixie cut. Then I decided we needed to escape.
We plan for weeks then finally the night that it is hot enough to have the windows we make the climb out of the windows I feel the fresh cool hair on my skin I then think we are finally free but then we see a dark figure on the other side of the roof...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!