Teleported

“Catch!” Ella yelled. Liam missed! “Can't you catch a ball for once?” He scowled. A passer-by heard them bickering and said, “Hi, I am Cal. Would Liam like to come to the house to do a favour?” Ella was about to say no when Liam nodded. As they entered Cal's home, it was dark, and they were both blinded. Click! After what felt like an eternity, they could see again in a forest. Cal popped out of nowhere. “I have been spying on you guys, and I know you want to become a ninja warrior,” he said. “I can help you become one,” he added.
“Yes, please!” chorused the siblings.
“The first task is to get a rare plant on the tree next to you,” Cal said before disappearing. “Liam, this could be a chance for your upcoming match,” Ella whispered. He nodded, annoyed. Ella climbed up the tree and plucked the plant out. “CATCH!” she yelled. Liam shut his eyes, and finally, when he opened them, the plant was safe in his hands. The siblings gave each other a high five, and it was as loud as thunder. With the sound of a pop, Cal appeared in front of them again. “You have done this first task quite quickly,” he cackled, “but this next task will be difficult; you need to get to the other side of the snakes.” And with that, he wandered off into the woods.
The siblings were confident now that they had passed the first test. The two started to think hard, and finally, Ella thought of an idea. “We will build a bridge with very long and strong sticks,” she cried in excitement. The siblings collected the materials and started building the bridge. Liam was halfway done with the bridge when he suggested that Ella build half. She agreed. With their hard work, they made it within two days. Both walked on the bridge. To their surprise, it was stable. When they crossed to the other side, they realised that Cal was nowhere. They both sat, and Liam decided to look for him. Ella was bored asleep. Liam hugged her and set off. He knew Ella would be worried if she awoke, so he got some pebbles and laid them on the ground. Liam kept doing this until the boy found a portal. Curiously he stepped into it, and he found two people asleep.
Liam ran where Ella was and hoisted her onto his shoulders. Once he reached the portal, he and Ella stepped into it. That is when Ella awoke. “Where are we?” she asked. Then her eyes fell onto the couple. “Mum, dad!” she cried. “You are here!” Liam looked surprised. “Who are they?” he asked. There was a flurry of introductions. Liam found out Ella lost her parents when she was five years old, so she lived with Liam. Ella wanted to stay in this portal and begged her mum and dad to let Liam stay here. Of course, they agreed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!