Water Man

Water Man

It was just another normal day at work. I Got to the lab on time and ran some diagnostics on the radioactive water, my biggest project yet. It’s only a prototype, but if perfected, a single drop of it could give the average person an immense increase in strength and intelligence. Anyway, after a few hours, it was my lunch break, but little did I know that some of the water dripped into my noodles.

After I finished lunch, I felt a bit sick. So I went to the toilet to check for any signs of symptoms. When I looked in the mirror, I saw myself, as one usually would. But I was made entirely of water! “it must’ve been the radioactive water!” I thought to myself. When I went to open the toilet door, I gripped the handle as hard as I usually would, but when I took my hand off the handle, it was crunched and crippled. I ended up just punching the door off of it’s hinges.

Over the course of a few months, I learned to control the water and its power. I could also change from my human self into my water mode at will.

One day I was flicking through the channels on my tv, I came across a news report of a monster attacking the city hall. I turned into Water Man then jumped right down the sink.

Once I was at city hall, I saw the monster. It was a big, three metre tall, red blaze of fire. “Hey, redhead, why don’t you pick on someone your own size!” I shouted at it. The monster turned around, let out a huge roar, then came charging right at me. It was very slow, but it sure was a formidable foe. I blasted it with lots of water, but it just evaporated. I tried every trick in the book, but it was no use.

Then, I thought of something really smart. Well, at least I thought it was. I shouted some insults that couldn’t possibly be mentioned in this children’s story at the fire monster. That got him running after me really quick. I led him to the city dam, I jumped over the edge of the dam wall ( I survived the fall because I am made of water). Without hesitation, the fire monster jumped over the edge and didn’t realise what would happen until he was about three metres from the water. What happened was, as soon as the monster hit the water it bursted into an explosion of smoke. I had saved the city without causing too much collateral damage.

Now, I am the worlds most loved and only superhero ever. Oh, and my name is Water Man, not so humble and loyal protector of all innocent beings.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!