Kirk’s Little Holiday

My little brother called Kirk was left at home one day because he wanted to go to different countries around the world but he couldn’t because he had been having to many arguments with his parents. Kirk's parents were getting a tour of the Great Wall of China. Kirk & I were being looked after by our grandma, however, she forgot about us when she went for her morning jog.

Kirk stumbled across an around the world ticket in a private jet while hiding in in an old, dusty, grey safe. Kirk was so excited that he left for the USA & forgot to wake me up as he travelled to California and purchased Leonardo DiCaprio merchandise.

Kirk had the time of his life looking for white owls in Europe & then he ate as much bread as he could in France.

In Japan Kirk enjoyed watching the sumo wrestling world champion Hakuho Yokozuna beat Kaio Ozeki. After the wrestle he got their signature and selfie but when he got to China he was spotted by our parents who were on their tour of the Great Wall of China and was grounded for three weeks.

After Kirk's grounding he realised that he had lost his round the world ticket which I had found. I had always wanted to go to Hawaii so off I went. While I was in Hawaii making flower necklaces on the beach with some locals I was introduced to a local surfing legend who's name was Duke.

While in Hawaii I received a text from our mum that Kirk had lost his ticket & wanted to know if I had the ticket. I replied 'yes' & told them of my Hawaiian experiences. Our parents were so excited from the news of my adventures that they bought themselves a ticket & a new ticket for Kirk & set off to Hawaii.

Once my parents & Kirk arrived in Hawaii, dad was keen to meet Duke & mum wanted to make flower necklaces with me.

We left Hawaii with fond memories & travelled home safely. On arriving home mum went to grab her phone out of her handbag to show her friends some photos of the trip but instead she was nipped on the finger by a crab that Kirk had found on the Hawaii beach & wanted for a pet!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!