Ocean Swim

Nothing is better than swimming in the sea, waves peaking and crashing on me.
The chill of water on my back makes me feel alive, I disappear to take a dive.
As my lungs deflate, each salty breath tastes like hot chips on my plate.
My arms flap and swish, I’m surrounded by an array of colourful fish.
Bobbing like a buoy with not a care on earth, feeling like it’s my rebirth.
Bellow me sweeps a kelp bed, the serenity of nothingness fills my head.
Feeling something brush past my feet, I look around to something neat.
Seagulls weaving through the sun rays, while a lone dolphin plays.
Along the beach are seashells, arriving with every passing swell.
The longer I stay, the more relaxing, the waves waning and waxing.
Tired, my limbs heavy like a sea cow, my body saying it’s time to get my towel.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!