Saturday Mornings

A dull light escaped my curtains, shining across my face. My eyes took a few moments to adjust, I slid off my bed and made my way toward the window, pulling the curtains together to contain the sliver of light that had burst through. My fingers found the soft dressing gown I had owned for many years spread across my bed and pulled it over my body to contain the warmth slowly escaping.
I walked across the carpeted floor and tiptoed down the staircase, my fingers grazing the mahogony railing. I walked into the living room and laid myself across the plush sofa, stretching my feet out as far as the length of the couch, pulling the pillow underneath my head for comfort. I saw the tv remote on the edge of the coffee table and reached out to grab it, I switched it on and a sudden burst of sound filled the house, I quickly held down the volume down button. I went completely silent, praying that everyone was still asleep. After a few minutes I realized since no one was coming down it clearly wasn't loud enough to wake anyone, so I turned the volume up a few notches being cautious to not go to high.
"Move over," my sister was standing over me looking thoroughly unimpressed, she had a green facemask on, her hair was a rats nest, and she was wearing fuzzy pink bunny slippers.
I moved my legs in a little closer so there was enough room for her to sit down.
"What are we watching?" she whispered.
"I don't know yet," I whispered back.
"Do you want some leftover pizza while we decide?"
"For breakfast?" I raised my eyebrows.
"Would you rather some oatmeal?"
"Good point."
She lazily got up and walked over to the kitchen, when she came back she was holding two juiceboxes and a box with 3 slices of leftover pizza.
"Well isn't this just the picture of health," I said sarcastically as she returned to her seat.
"I can get the oatmeal if you really want."
"I'd rather you don't."
"Well stop complaining then," She took a slice of pizza and handed it to me.
I scrolled through the shows streaming. "How about Gilmore Girls?"
"Oooh yeah, lets watch that," She bit into her pizza.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!