Le Jardin De Cupidon

Charles planned the perfect day. He was going to take Adeline to his family’s rose garden and ask her to be his girlfriend. Hoping she says yes, he planned to take her to a lovely dinner in the gazebo at the end of the garden. He was so nervous, questioning if she’ll say no. She finally arrived.

‘Charles!’ Adeline exclaimed.

‘Adeline! You’re here!’ Charles yelled.

‘Hi! So, what are we going to be doing today?’ asked Adeline.

‘I had planned for a walk in the garden, is that okay?’ He suggested.

‘That sounds amazing!’ Adeline said excitedly.

‘Brilliant’ he replied as he began to blush.

Charles was madly in love with Adeline. He would notice the smallest details like the small freckle above her left eyebrow and the small grin she would get anytime the word love was mentioned.

‘The garden’s name is Le Jardin de Cupidon, meaning the garden of Cupid. My Great-Grandfather grew this garden and ever since it has been a place of tradition. There have been many weddings and events held here.’ Charles explained to Adeline.

‘This place is like a fairy-tale!’ she said while examining the beautiful garden.

It was the perfect time to ask Adelaine to be his girlfriend. Under the rose garden arches, he was going to make his fairy-tale come true.

‘Adeline... will you be my girlfriend?’ Charles asked. He felt his face turn red. Charles looked up to see Adeline blushing as well.

‘Oh. Charles? I haven’t thought about us like that, if you know what I mean.’ Adeline replied.

She hadn’t been blushing. She was embarrassed. His heart shattered. He thought he might be able to change her mind by asking her to dinner.

‘Oh, I’m sorry, that was stupid of me. Well, I made dinner so would u still want to come?’ he asked.

‘Of course. I would love to come!’ Adeline sounded a little more awkward.

‘Okay thank you, I’m sorry about this’ he replied with a fake chuckle.

Adeline and Charles continued to walk through the garden till they reached the gazebo. Adeline was stunned.

‘The gazebo is beautiful’ she exclaimed.

They sat inside the gazebo and looked at the amazing meal he had prepared for them. Chocolate covered strawberries, an arrange of cakes and pastries and different champagnes. Charles began to feel emotional.

‘Adeline I- I'm sorry, but I can’t continue to act as if I'm fine, you are the most gorgeous, kind and caring person I’ve met and I'm madly in love with you. I respect your decision, but I don’t think I can continue being friends with you if I’m hurting this much,’ said Charles.

‘Charles, yes!’ Adeline cried of happiness. ‘I want to be with you, that was so sweet and thinking about it yes, you are the right one for me. I was wrong earlier, you have always been there for me, and you are perfect!’ Adelaine said as she leaned in to kiss Charles.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!