War And My Brother And Remembering

At the age of 26 Ben joined the Australian Army. When he went to war, he worked in a tank that carrier ammo. He gave the ammo to his mates that were snippers.
He did this because he wanted to do something good for his country, Australia.
His brother Jimple was in the Navy. He was at war too. Ben missed Jimple.
Ben came back to Australia for a 2 week break. He found out that his brother had fallen into the ocean from the boat explosion and swam and swam but he could not find land and he died of exhaustion from paddling through the sea.
That made Ben feel very sad especially when this was the only time he could see his brother.
He remembered his brother as brave, kind, helpful, never wanted to give up like when he wanted to get back to land.
Ben returned to war and fought even harder to become a snipper. He trained for 6 months with the General. The General made him a snipper. Ben fought even harder to keep the memory of his brother going.
When the war ended, Ben went back home and had 6 months off. He thought about it really hard, why don’t I start moving tanks? He returned to the army as a tank driver and went back to war.
Luckily on his last day he spotted something red and white. He thought it was a flower, but he didn’t know what to call it. He took 2 flowers and put them in his shirt. When he returned home he showed them to his General. I found theses. Can we use these to remember everyone who passed and present?
On Ben’s last day in the army he got told that he had been awarded a special medal for his achievements.
Later he married and had a son and passed on the medal to his son which kept on getting given to generation to generation to generation so that they never forget about the Anzac’s.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!