Target Down

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” A blood-curdling scream ripped out of me, shattering glass around me as my heart was feeling. My scream echoed around the hall closing upon me. I fell to my knees in despair, tears welling in my bloodshot eyes, cascading like a waterfall down my white as death cheeks as I cradled my dearly beloved, lifeless friend's hand, sobbing nonstop. A mixture of emotions welled up inside me pouring out one by one. First was the sadness, then there was a helpless feeling and last was a sudden rage that engulfed me, controlling and dominating my mind, confirming my thoughts that I surely must avenge my unfortunate friend, making sure that the killer must die in pain. My sword lay beside me, gleaming innocently, ready to shed blood of the enemy.


Yells rushed into my ears as I saluted solemnly to my friend's dead body, took one last glance at the corpse and rushed with my sword aloft, ready to dart into the vermin body. I wiped the tears that I shed for my friend. I slammed the gigantic doors of the hall open onto the city of Greendale. A nice breeze played around with my long, dark brown hair. I sheathed my sword with a satisfying ‘shriiing’. I gazed at the smoke ridden town that had flames swallowing houses and catching our once green forest, on fire. I bowed my head. I looked up and the anger rushed into my body making me unsheath my razor-sharp sword and rush down the hill, wind whipping my face cruelly. I finally set my eyes on the killer.


My friend's killer prowled around the edge of the forest ready to murder those helpless families that decided to take refuge in the forest. My family got killed when the raiders arrived 2 days ago. The merciless man stalked a family who thought that they were safe. Little did they know that a cold-hearted man was right behind them and silently murdered a little girl who was falling behind. For the heartless man that was his pleasure. I swiftly ran down and stalked the stalker, how quickly the tables turned I thought.

My enemy heard me with his sharp ears and as he turned he unsheathed his straight sword and struck it against mine. The duel was on. I flicked and darted my sword in and out like a snake's tongue. My opponent’s eyes widened realising that I was no ordinary swordsman. I was professionally trained. My sword finally cut into my enemy's arm. He howled like an injured wolf as I swung my sword in a wide arc, chopping his head clean off. The body slumped onto the ground and his head lay a few metres away. I won the nerve-racking duel. I took the head as proof of the death of the leader and the enemies retreated to where they sprung from. The city was once again in its normal state.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!