Mandrill In A Maze!

In a faraway land, when there was still witches and wizards, was my cottage called Wond. If you’re a male, that means you are a wizard and if you’re a female, you’re a witch. My name is Eliza and I’m bossy and lazy.
I searched for my mum around the house. Finally, I came to a stop to find my mum in the kitchen cooking. Without missing a beat I told mum that my brother tickled me.
Then my mum said, “Well, I guess you should bring Timmy here then.” Timmy is my big brother and he is honest and kind. Once he was at the kitchen, mum asked, “So Timmy, is it true that you tickled Eliza?”.
Then he answered, “Yes, but that was only because I was doing my homework and she purposely disturbed me! Then, tickled me too!”
So my mum said, “Remember the last time you tried to dob, Eliza?”. I answered, “Ye - yeah. That was 15 minutes ago.”.
“You promised that you would stop dobbing on your brother! But what do I hear after 15 minutes?! You dobbing on your brother, again! How many times have I told you to stop bullying your brother?” Mum complained.
“Let me count… 84 times!” I counted.
“So, young lady, because you broke your promise, I have to punish you, but what should the punishment be? There are loads to choose from…” mum pondered.
“Um… I know! Nothing! Or even better, a lollypop!” I blurted out.
“That is enough! You’ll go through the maze and Timmy gets to choose another punishment too.” Mum decided.
“Hmm.. Turn her into a mandrill while completing the maze.”he commanded .
“Well, that’s that then. Now, Timmy, conjure up the maze!” she commanded.
“On second thought mum, I think I’ll make the maze easier, and, I’ll go with her too” he chimed.
“Fine!” Mother sighed.
A thick forest rose around Timmy and I, and Mum suddenly disappeared! The first thing we had to do was go through a river. We tried using our powers, but nothing happened.
“We can’t use our powers!” We yelped in unison.
“You can hop over, and I’ll swim.” He explained.
“That was fast. And… y-you’re smart.” I complimented. After that was accomplished, next was to climb up a tall,green, tree. We were thinking very hard! I came up with a question, “Do you have any hiking gear?”.
“Here it is! I thought we might be hiking!” he cried.
“Use it to climb up the tree, then I will climb using my monkey hands and legs!” I ended. Lastly, we saw a vine and a river. In unison we said, “We’ll hang on the vine and hop over!” Once we completed the last challenge, I found myself human again. That meant that we succeeded!
I said, “I’m sorry, Timmy. To be honest, I thought I was absurd myself!”. I didn’t bully Timmy again and that is the end of the story!





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!