Terrific Ted

Terrific Ted
Crack! Bang! Pow! Goes the colossal silver, lightning bolts emerging from humongous, grey clouds. Below the clouds was a house, that had a small bunk-bed cradling a mini blonde haired girl , embracing a cute bear with a bow-tie attached to it’s neck. The girl grins, for she thinks she is somewhere else…
“Ted, slow down you are too fast!” Giggles the girl.
“Oh Gracie, I am getting tired you might catch me!” Replies the bear, about 2 meters from the girl, Gracie. Gracie speeds up as Ted slows down. She reaches out and taps Ted’s shoulder.
“Tag!” Shrieks Gracie.
“Gracie, it’s breakfast time!’’ Calls a mysterious voice from above.
“Gracie it’s mummy!” Cries Ted… SWOOSH! Now, Gracie was back in bed, back in real time, back from her adventure… SNAP! Drums the thunder followed by a series of lightning strikes.
“Gracie, I know you don’t like storms so rest in bed, I will bring brekkie in!” In comes breakfast, but Gracie is fast asleep in her new adventure…
“Wow Gracie you saved Oscar (a cat) from a tree during a storm! You overcame your fear.” Squeals Ted.
“I’m not Gracie I am super-cat!” Replies Gracie in her black and pink costume displaying a large SC and curls her fluffy, purple tail.
“Correct Super Cat but mum wishes to talk to you!” Says Ted, excitedly patting Oscar the spotty cat. So, Gracie wakes up to her mum stroking her blonde hair.
“Gracie, how would you like another friend?” Asks mum.
“I already have Ted though?”
“How about a baby sister?”

“A baby sister!” Recalls Gracie to Ted in another dream.
“How exciting! I also have-“
“-how about we list all the things baby-sis can do with me and you?!” So, Ted and Gracvie begin to plan all the things they could do together.
Nearly 7:00am..
“OK Gracie, I have some news I need to tell you. No interrupting this time.” Ted places his paw sadly on Gracie’s list.
“Gracie, now this is just as hard for you it is for me. I have been here for a long time. It’s time for me to meet somebody… else… Gracie I have to leave.” A bead of tears trickle down Ted’s face.
“Goodbye Gracie, should we meet again..” Ted slowly steps away fading into the darkness.
“No Ted! Don’t leave! Not yet.” POW! Gracie appears back in her bed, just not with her companion, Ted.

“Mummy! When are we leaving?!” Yells Gracie over the screaming from her baby sister.
“Yes Gracie, just cleaning Bonnie’s crib!” Cries her mum.
5 MINUTES LATER…
Gracie gasps at the sight of the mall. She gazes at the elaborate chandeliers hanging beautifully from the tall ceiling.
“That shop looks fancy!” So, the small family walks into the shop. Gracie spies a bear with a bow-tie attached to it’s neck.
“Look at this mum! Bonnie has to love it!” Bonnie looks at the bear and squints.
“Oooo, Ted Ted!” Mutters Bonnie.
“Her first words!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!