The Fishing Disaster

One Saturday morning, John and Roy decided to go on a fishing trip by the river. Once they got there it was already 7pm, so they quickly jumped into their boat and grabbed their fishing rods and floated into the river. After they were sailing peacefully for a short while, they were talking and instead didn’t pay attention to the dangerous journey ahead of them!

Suddenly a sign appeared saying "Dangerous River, No Fishing!". John started panicking and became very frightened, however Roy was excited about the swirling in the water and ignored the sign. Some time passed and nothing went wrong, then all of a sudden John noticed a gigantic waterfall approaching, they were heading for it and a lot of chaos was coming to them. Roy was the brave one out of the two of them and stayed calm, until there was one metre left until the deep, dangerous waterfall edge. He then panicked too!

Boom!Crash!
The boat was capsized!
John and Roy both didn’t know how to swim so they treaded water to the closest edge of land they could find. Once they reached the bank they observed that all of their fishing rods were washed away, their phones were smashed to pieces and their boat that was now damaged and broken into large pieces, however they soon realised a bigger problem. How were they ever going to get home?

As they sat there drenched with water and about to cry, John realised he had an emergency flare in his pocket so he grabbed it and quickly launched it into the air and waited for the rescue team. From the day onwards, Roy decided to always pay attention to every single sign he observed to avoid terrible another disaster.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!