Was It Really Happening?

Was it really Happening?

I woke up, I looked at my clock on my bedside table, 12:43 am. I heard a noise downstairs so I walked down the creaky stairs. One by one, trying not to make a peep. I heard it again, it was coming from the living room, I walked slowly across the floor and saw four random people in our living room. They were taking our things one by one, the shelf, then the tv, then my brothers baseball bat and then the Christmas tree. It was so weird, why did they want our things, had my mum and dad not payed a debt or were these just some idiots that broke into our house and were stealing things that we owned. Then one looked my way but he didn’t see me. I creeped back up the stairs and called 000. the phone was loud, they said “000, what emergency service do you require?” luckily None of the men heard the phone. I said “4 random guys are in my house taking things.” As I said that I heard a motor star, I looked out the window at our dark driveway, the van was leaving. I hung up the phone and ran to the living room. One of the guys was still there and headed my way. I ran up the stairs in to the bathroom and slammed the door. I got in the bath and crouched down, the man came in a bit after me, he had a creepy face and said, “where are you?” Without peeking I said “why are you here?” The man said “your parents owe us a debt, we got your brother, now we need you!” I thought to myself, how could I get away from this man. Then it hit me, dad always keeps a tool box near the toilet so if it needs fixing we can just grab it. I took a glimpse out of the bathtub, the man was lurking waiting for me to come out, I saw the tool box and I saw a fire red crowbar. I got out of the bath quietly and I hid behind a door, then I thought yes, I can get out now and I can call the police. The man thought I got out so he went for me, well he thought he went for me then I got the crowbar and tiptoed downstairs. I saw the man was now looking for me in the kitchen, I snuck up behind him and said hello there. Then I hit him in the head with the crowbar and grabbed the phone and called the police. The police came and asked him 2 questions. “Where is the rest of your gang and why are you here?” He wouldn’t answer so they took. him away then I went back to bed then as soon as I get to sleep I had to get up so I got up had breakfast.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!