Way Home

After a long day at the day-care centre Keith Doyle is going to drop off his colleague Hallie McGill at her home. They are driving past an intersection when a truck goes through a red light and T-bones Keith and Hallie. The car rolls 3 times until it hits a light pole.
After it happened the guy driving the truck, Dwayne Dennis isn’t sticking around to see if they were ok and call an ambulance or the police. So, Mr Dennis takes off after a short period of time. The ambulance shows up and treats them, but Keith is not looking good.
They take Keith straight to emergency so they can check him out to see what’s wrong so they can go do surgery. While Keith is in surgery, they bring in Hallie to just do scans and keep her in for a night. A couple of hours later Keith is out of surgery and they take him to his room so he can have some rest.
In the morning they come into Keith’s room to bring him some breakfast and get ready to have a shower. While they give him breakfast, they go and give Hallie breakfast as well. After she had her breakfast, they come into her room and said they she can go home.
When Keith goes into the shower, he is not feeling well. he collapses and is knocked unconscious. When he falls, he bumps the water tap and turns off the water, so Keith lies there unconscious for about 30 minutes. When they go to see if he is all right in the shower, they get no response, so they go into the bathroom to see if he is ok or not.
But when they go in, they see him on the floor unconscious they put him onto a stretcher and put him into a surgery gown on him and take him straight to emergency again because since he has been sitting there for a half an hour, he could have a traumatic brain injury they do a quick scan.
Then they are taking him into the surgery room, but they couldn’t treat it since it was too long after they found him unconscious. They call his family to bring them in and talk to them and Keith about what has happened and that he doesn’t have long left to live approximately around 2 weeks. After a week and a half Keith passes away. 3 weeks later the police talk to Hallie. After talking to people, they have found the address of Mr Dennis when they get to his house Dwayne sees the police outside his house Dwayne takes off in his car and heads down to highway to the next town to a hotel where he stays the police track him by his phone and debit card where they arrest him and charge him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!