A Child's Lesson

Once, at a small town located near a big forest, there lived a girl called Mary. She was a curious seven year old girl. She always wanted to discover the world.
As her house was close to the woods, her parents always warned her not to there by herself. People said there were mysterious creatures living there and they always loved to scare the children away. However, Mary was too curious to listen to her parents.
One night, she sneaked out into the woods with a thought nothing in the world could scare her. When she stepped into the forest’s entrance, she immediately saw spooky giant trees, spiky plants and especially the shadows of some unknown creatures. Suddenly, one creature that had purple smoky eyes started staring at her. Being frightened, Mary screamed: “Ahhhh!”; and cried out loud: “Help me! Help!”. All of a sudden, she heard a familiar sound: “Woof! Woof!”. Mary turned around to see what it was. To her surprise, her parents and her pet dog Kiki were standing right behind her! The creature just walked away when it heard Kiki barking. Mary ran to her parents and cried in their arms.
On the way home, Mary said “Thank you” to Kiki for helping her parents to find her. They all returned home safely. Mary also promised she would always listen to her parents and would always think carefully before doing anything with her parents’ advice.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!