Haunted

On one dreary morning, the rain was pouring down harder than ever. Day by day, night by night. Soon, 1 month of rain had gone by. Suddenly, the rain started slowing down, but didn’t stop. Grazelda took a step out of her house and was going to feed her darling goat Geoff, and saw no town, no people, no houses, what was going on? Many people believe that the whole town went under, that is, all except Grazelda’s. Then, out of nowhere, Grazelda got struck by lightening and died. People still believe that the ghost of Grazelda still haunts the house to this DAY!

“This story is nonsense, this is probably just some trick to scare people out of this cabin. Right Lara? “ RUFF! RUFF! My name is Mila Miley, and I am a famous artist. I have less than a week to paint the next best painting for my Art publisher, so that’s why I flew out to this small “haunted” cabin for the weekend. This place just gives me the creeps.

I started painting my next best painting for my art publisher, Terry when I heard the door knock. Something about the door felt wrong, mysterious. I went to check at the door anyway. When I returned to my picture, it was RUINED!! On it, it said: "Get out before it’s too late!" Marked with three stars in green.

That night I went to bed, and I heard strange noises. Suddenly, a big gust of wind went past and I heard “ GEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT!!!!! “

Then at midnight there was a shadow in the hallway. I couldn’t get up because I had pains in my legs, I think they were pinches, but every time I went to look, there was no one there. I thought it was just a bad dream, until I heard the toilet flush in the bathroom. A cold breeze blew across my neck and sent a shiver right down my spine. I was the only person in the cabin, right? I tiptoed down the corridor to the bathroom to investigate the toilet when I heard a clutter in the kitchen.

I slowly built up the courage to walk into the kitchen. I grabbed my saucepan and was ready to take action. One foot in front of the other, I crept in, trying not to make a sound. Wind blew crazily and my hair was a mess. I walked into the kitchen and to my surprise I saw a goat in my living room watching the football eating my popcorn from yesterday night. How on earth is there tv out this far in the ocean.

From the wind of the night Lara zoomed through past my leg and drove the goat out the window. The only thing left was his name tag. Geoff.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!