That One Tiny Misunderstanding.

I am woken by the annoying ring tone of my phone. I flung my arm around trying to find it. Finally I grabbed it, not bothering to read the caller id. 'Hello?' I answer.
'Hi, um I’m really sorry to be the person to say this, but he cheated on you last night…' it was my best friend.
"What?' I stutter. I sit straight up grabbing my glasses and nervously put them on. .
"I think he was drunk last night, his private snap story had a picture of him kissing another girl... but I didn't
recognise her.'
I immediately hung up and threw on any clothes I could find. I thought we were close, I thought he liked me, I
thought a lot, and it wasn't always good.
I quickly walk out of my room grabbing my purse and keys, got into my car and drove straight to his house. When I got to his house he wasn't there. 'Where could he be, probably with his new girlfriend I bet' I angrily muttered
to my self. I stormed off to my car when I heard a voice that sounded very similar to his. I looked over, hurting my
neck from turning so fast. I saw him on the phone to someone.
'Come on pick up!' He said obviously annoyed
I then remembered I left my phone at home.


His perspective:
My friend called me inviting me to a party for that night. I said sure, grabbed some stuff and left my house. As soon as I got to the party my friend left to hang out with other people I didn’t know. I walked around and had a drink. A girl came over to me, trying to flirt. We talked for a bit and found out we both didn’t know anyone here.
I woke up in my bed. ‘ How did I get here??’ I thought to myself. I had completely blacked out from last night and I had a hangover. I checked snap to find a message from my girlfriends best friend.
‘ Why would you cheat on your girlfriend?’ What? I was confused. I thought back to the party and the one girl there. I checked my story to find me kissing another girl. I didn’t remember anything from last night especially that. I got out of bed ignoring my terrible hangover and ran to my car, I drove as fast as I could to her house anxiously knocking on her door. No answer. I got back into the car calling her over and over again. Straight to voicemail. I drove back home not knowing where to go. I got out of the car and tried calling her one last time. Voicemail. Again. ‘Come on pick up!’ I said into the phone. Then I saw her.
Our eyes locked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!