The Five Little Mice

Once upon a time there were five little mice. Their names were Father Mouse, Mother Mouse, Richard, Buttercup and Jerry. They lived in a house with tall roots and the colour brown inside. It was a tree!! They liked to drink juice and milk. For a treat they liked to eat pancakes instead of cheese! One day they went out for a picnic at the park. They ate hot cross buns, raspberries, strawberries, chocolate biscuits and cake!! But when they came back to their tree it had tape on it saying “DANGER! THIS TREE IS OFF LIMITS”. Buttercup said, “what can we do”? Richard said, “maybe we can build a shelter of sticks to sleep in tonight”. Jerry said, “why don’t we just go inside”?! Father and Mother immediately said “yes”. Buttercup said, “The house is perfectly fine”!! Then they heard a BOOM, CRACK, SNAP! Richard said, “I think you spoke a little early”! So, they rushed out of the tree as fast as they could!! Mother Mouse said, “we can just use this wood to make a real house next to it and with the leftover wood we can make Buttercup, Richard and Jerry a cubby house”!! And they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!