Family Confusion

I was wondering what to do next after all, I was in a sketchy, black van with tinted windows. My mouth, covered with a rag, my wrists aching and sore with the thin, weak ropes knotted around them so I can easily escape, I gave up on brainstorming why it would be like that a while ago. The thick smell of lynx deodorant and old pizza playing with my Sense of smell and there was the sound of a man and a woman talking on a phone.

As I tuned in to what they were saying I felt a cold breeze to the side of me. The door mustn't have been closed properly. I felt around trying to find where the breeze was coming from. At last I found where the breeze was coming from I waited until he made a pit stop then I easily broke free & pushed the door open slightly until the door stopped moving then I quickly got out of the car. As my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the street lamps I ran as fast as I could until my legs ached so much, which didn't take long since I was crammed in the back of the van. So I started to walk until the sky became pitch black then I stopped and found an orphanage and they welcomed me warmly and showed me my room and I slept peacefully.

The next morning I saw the van again parked right outside of the Orphanage, but I thought nothing of it. Then I saw a man staring at me with his kind green eyes, and sandy blonde hair, I thought this man could help me, so without thinking I ran out front and gave him a hug, right then a women with wavy auburn hair and sparkling blue eyes grabs my sore wrists in a tight grip and put me in the back of the black van. The couple climbed in the front seats. The car stopped after 2 long and tedious hours and we finally got to our final destination.

Our destination was a lovely house out isolated in the country.The couple brought me inside and sat me down on a couch and started to explain “you are a twin of two but they had to give one up because they were broke before but now that they had enough money they wanted to take me back from my other family” they even got out the birth certificates of me and my twin brother to prove me that it was true, but I didn’t want to leave my other family so I said “that I would visit them 2 times a week and how it was a really sketchy way to take me by van ” and they understood how I wanted to be with my other family. So now I live with my two families.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!