Never Give Up

Have you ever had a feeling that you felt like you're not going to make it or never going to survive? It’s nothing personal, everyone has that feeling! Nevertheless, let me tell you my story of how I kept going and never stopped.
When I was in grade 2, an agonising and awful calamity struck the day after my 8th birthday. I fractured my left arm on my elbow bone. On my way to the hospital in my mum’s car, I was fed with cookies, so that my pain would decrease while I ate something sweet. My mother didn’t know the hospital well. We were searching and walking and moving, it was all stressful! I had also been given lots of medicines. My mother was frantic and heartbroken, she was brave enough to face many numerous challenges on her way and back!
This incident not only affected myself, it also affected my life. My mother had to sew buttons on my left short sleeve, so I could wear my T-shirt easily. I couldn’t also go outside to play at recess and lunch to allow my hand to fully heal. I used to go to classical dance classes, the dance is called Bharatanatyam. You all may be thinking I didn’t continue to go and was at home resting, but I did go and I didn’t give up! I still practiced my dance routines with my legs and my other arm. I faced all the obstacles and challenges on the way and I did my best! After 2-3 months my arm was all recovered but stretching and bending wasn’t easy at that time.
On the day of my actual performance, I was feeling much vigorous and better. In the end, they called me up to the stage. I was perplexed, but also excited. When I was on stage, I was awarded a certificate and a trophy. It was for being an “Extra Miler” and all of this was because I had been resilient! I felt jubilant and tremendously proud of myself!
I’m calling out to all readers that you should never give up during your difficult times. Not only that, bravery and patience are also important! I hope this story inspires you and that it helps you to be more resilient through on!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!