Back In My Day

Sam was speeding down the road, overtaking cars through the dazzling light of the city. He was thrown across the car as he took a massive turn into the drive through of KFC. Finally he had made it, ordered 6 Giant Feasts collected and drove off minutes later then he arrived at his house, a massive mansion to be precise. Sitting down and digging in, eating it all in under 3 minutes. Soon he went to wipe his mouth all of a sudden when he wasn't there. Sam looked around to be in a dusty empty old street with wooden huts and tents on the side. A stench of rotten meat filled the air, then he saw a bigger wooden hut which was 2 stories high.

AS he walked forwards slowly and walked in. He asked the man at the counter if they had food and if they had rooms, he replied yes to both the questions. Sam booked a room and stayed for the night. They served rabbit and vegetables. At first he thought it was a joke, so he asked for directions to a fish and chips shop. But he realised he was in the great depression. Then he realised he had to eat otherwise he would starve so he ate and it tasted good, Sam was surprised. Then he went out and looked around. He saw a river, more of those tents and he found a butcher and a blacksmith.

Then it got dark. Slowly he walked back to the hotel where they were serving vegetables, that was it. He decided to eat them but this was the first time in 23 years so he ate and when he went to wipe his mouth, he was back and Sam went to bed. The next day Sam woke up and decided to go for a jog he went up and the hill near his house he walked some more. Sam decided that this was fun and he would do this everyday and he would eat healthy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!