Balloon Boy

“Jeff, come down for dinner!” yelled mum. I jumped out of my race car bed and zoomed downstairs. I ran through the corridor into the dining room. I sat down in my chair and gobbled the delicious chicken noodles. “Dad, can I get balloons for my birthday?” Without him even answering, he immediately told me to get changed.
I put on my favourite clothes and ran back to the dining room. Dad surprisingly wasn’t there. Where could he be? I looked around the house until I heard a loud, familiar noise. I rushed towards the noise and saw dad. He was in his car, trying to start it. Me being the car nerd, I popped the bonnet open to see what the problem was. The battery wasn’t plugged in properly. I jump started it until I heard the engine noise. After 3 tries, it finally worked. “Well since it works now, get in the car, we’re going to the party store,” exclaimed dad. I just realised now that was the reason he told me to get changed.
As soon as we arrived, I jumped out of dad’s HILUX and ran to the party store. I asked the nice worker what aisle the balloons were in. She replied saying that it’s in aisle 4. I rushed there without even saying thank you. I picked the one I wanted and went to checkout. I paid and I went straight home.
As soon as we arrived home, I ran straight to the garage to find a balloon pump. I looked around until I saw something that caught my eye. I started to walk towards it until I saw that there was caution tape around it. As I bent over to take it off, I tripped over my untied shoelace and accidentally landed on something. It made a loud click noise which scared me. I got up to see that my balloons had been sucked into the machine. I started to cover my eyes as I thought something bad was going to happen.
The noise suddenly stopped. I moved my hands off my eyes to see that my balloons were floating. I grabbed them all and put the strings in my backpack. As I was walking out of the garage, something weird started happening. My feet started to float off the ground. Every second I would go higher and higher. I was at that point where I was as high as the birds. I didn’t know what was happening but it was fun. All of a sudden a bird started attacking my balloons. POP, POP, POP. All my balloons were popped and I started to fall down to the ground. “AHHH,” I screamed as loud as I ever did. I thought I was going to die. I somehow landed on the ground safely. I ran back inside my house to see that my family, including me, was eating chicken noodles for dinner. I was in the afterlife.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!